SpineZone is a unique outpatient rehabilitation program that combines spine-strengthening technology with a clinical approach to manual therapy. It is an evidence-based, outcomes-driven approach to highly successful treatment of chronic back and neck pain.
There are three key factors that can lead to successful spine rehabilitation:
- Advanced machines made specifically for spinal muscles
- Scientifically proven therapies
- Personalized attention by spine professionals
The design of the equipment is based on the results of more than 25 years of clinical research. These remarkable, computerized machines conduct test procedures that reveal a patient’s spinal strength and range of motion, as well as define how the patient compares with the strength of healthy individuals of the same age. This testing providestherapists with accurate baseline data to establish individualized goals. From this point, your progress can be accurately measured and objectively monitored by yourreferring physician. Furthermore, these measurements offer essential motivation toward achieving yourspecific goals. More importantly, the key benefit of the SpineZone machines over typical therapeutic exercise equipment is how they target and isolate specific spine muscles to maximize strength and flexibility. While exercising, larger muscles will typically dominate over weaker spine muscles, which limits the capacityfor the weaker muscles to become stronger. SpineZone exercisemachines are designed to inhibit the use of larger muscles, which benefit the smaller spinal muscles. This increases the blood flow to the injured area and provides nutrition to the surrounding muscles and joints to promote healing. By targeting, isolating and strengthening specific spinal muscles, patients are able to promote greater stability, flexibility and endurance for a healthier, more active quality of life.
SpineZone combines bio-mechanically advanced machines with scientifically proven approaches to manual therapy. Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT), also known as the McKenzie Method, is a comprehensive approach to spinal problems based on a mechanical assessment of the back and neck. This assessment leads to therapeutic exercises personalized for the patient.
Most low back and neck pain tends to be intermittent. Frequently, these changing symptoms depend on movements you make in the course of a day. An experienced practitioner, skilled in using the MDT-assessment technique, is most often able to accurately assess the origin of your problem. Once this is discovered, you can be given the appropriate therapeutic exercises and empowered with the knowledge of how to manage your symptoms correctly through a long-term, self-management program.
SpineZone has specific protocols for treating a variety of issues, such as chronic mechanical back and neck pain, disc herniations, musculoskeletal disorders, and post-surgical healing. Of course, not all lower back and neck problems can be resolved without surgery. Following surgery, strengthening muscles of the spine may help the patient return to normal functional ability more quickly.
Some of the key benefits of this program include:
- Non-surgical treatment: Even when other approaches fail to bring desired results, Spine-Zone offers a spine-focused, aggressive, rehabilitation program with years of proven success.
- Post-surgical treatment: Following surgery, strengthening muscles of the spine may help the patient return to normal functional ability more quickly.
- Reduced or eliminated pain and symptoms
- Increased strength, flexibility and range of motion of the back/neck
- Increased strength of the supporting postural muscles
- Enhanced overall daily functioning and quality of life
- Empowered by knowledge and life-long management skills Spine-Zone offers bio-mechanically advanced machines that specifi cally target, isolate and strengthen spinal muscles. Spine-Zone design of the equipment is based on the results of more than 25 years of clinical research. Additional benefi ts:
- Scientifically published therapies include comprehensive mechanical diagnosis and therapy (MDT, the McKenzie Method) and evidence-based assessments
- Spine-specialized therapists—including physical therapist and exercise physiologist—providing individualized attention and personalized treatment plans
- Sophisticated methods for measuring clinical outcomes related to function, pain and quality of life
Spine-Zone, as a part of the Advanced Spine Institute & Minimally Invasive Spine Center, specializes in outpatient therapy and treatment of patients with nonspecific sub-acute and chronic mechanical low-back pain. Spine-Zone is state-of-the-art facility is designed to address both pain and function in this patient population.
Other benefits include:
- Scientifically demonstrated 80% success rate
- Shown to decrease the risk of recurring back/neck pain episodes
- Uses the most published methods of back/neck pain management
- Measurable, outcomes-driven program based on objective, clinical evidence
- Automated reporting tracks individual and aggregate patient progress
Insurance:Spine-Zone program is covered by most plans. A physician referral is required.
For more information or to schedule a patient appointment: Call us at 619-265-7912.